Fourth Smourth... I Was Third!!!

I just got off the results section of the Hermosa Tri and found out that I was (unintentionally) misled... I was in fact 3rd in my age division! (So there were only 10 in my age division... small technicality) The awards ceremony had started but Mom and I were getting ready to leave. They were announcing close to my age division so I told Mom I wanted to hear the times of my group. Since I didn't have anything to compare it to, I was curious as to what typical times were. When they started announcing my division I was listening to the times and not the rank. The person announced before me had a time very close to mine. I was thinking that I wasn't too far off when I heard them announcing my name. After Mom and I pulled our jaws back up, she took the things out of my hands and I walked to the podium. When I got up there, there was only one spot open and that was the 4th place spot so I stood there. Only when they posted the results did I discover that I was actually 3rd! Mom got a picture of me on the podium but with her camera (not digital). I'll try scanning the picture when she gets it developed.
Thanks to everyone who called or emailed me good wishes. You have no idea how much that helps. Love you all!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Aimee October 15, 2007 at 2:53 PM  

Woo Hoo for the bronze medalist. Excellent work Auntie

Kristy October 15, 2007 at 9:56 PM  

Congratulations Aunt Syd! That's awesome. Good job! Hopefully my knees and my back will still be intact when I finish school. Then maybe I'll do some of that stuff too. :)

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers