Veterans Day


In honor of Veteran's Day, here's a picture of Dad in his early day of military service. Mom says that they patrolled the beach along Southern California with trained military attack dogs. This was just before Dad volunteered for Underwater Demolition Team (UDT). So thank you to Dad (Coast Guard/Navy) and Mom's brother Uncle Paul Lewis (Air Force) for their service to our country and freedom.
And while we're at it, thank you to Joey Bainbridge and Daniel Baxter (both Air Force) and Jason Risser (Coast Guard) for the service they're giving now. Hats off!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Aimee November 12, 2007 at 1:56 PM  

I agree. Thank you to you all Aunt Syd mentioned I admire you all

Dad Risser November 12, 2007 at 9:07 PM  

Thanks Syd, that's a great picture. And thanks for the remembrance.

Kristy November 15, 2007 at 10:43 AM  

Is it just me or can you see a bit of Jason in this picture?!

I love all these old photos, it has been so nice to be able to share with Nyah and Sade these pictures and stories.

I know I am just "married in", but I feel so honored to be a part of this family!

-Kristy

Sydney November 18, 2007 at 7:58 PM  

I totally agree Kristy... I see Jason also! And we love having you in this family- you're a wonderful addition.

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers