I Believe...


A number of years ago, Mom (a.k.a. Grandma to most of you) handed me this to read. I nearly read the entire thing before I realized it was a letter I wrote to Santa. Of course I've reminded April many a time since that she owes me big for plugging her to the big guy.
I think I must have been around 6 when I wrote this for several reasons. First, just before Jeff was born, Pansy the Wonder Dog, trumped Mom by giving birth to her first litter of puppies. Mom could have brought a 3 headed monster home from the hospital (didn't she???) and we couldn't have been less interested because we now had PUPPIES!!! I think I must have still been in my puppy obsession when I wrote this. Also, one of the toys we had when we were small was a little mechanical elephant that blew air out of it's trunk and a small ball balanced on the air floating above it's trunk (what I wouldn't give to have that toy today). The elephant was mechanical and would sit up, walk or whatever while blowing the air to balance the ball. Hence the mechanical puppies.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

Aimee December 24, 2007 at 1:02 PM  

That is very cool. I know I must have done it once or twice but I don't remember ever writing a letter to Santa

Anonymous December 24, 2007 at 1:34 PM  

that is so cute!

Néna December 25, 2007 at 2:52 PM  

hey Aunt Sydney!!
its nena
so basically I finally figured out the art of blogging.
here are my and my moms links:

nenagrace.blogspot.com

tonifairbanks.blogspot.com


yay for figuring things out!

ps.
that letter is absolutely adorable.

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers