What's in a NName???

That's what I had to ask myself over the holidays as I made a discovery. I just now discovered, that my sister Rebecca (a.k.a. Becky) spells her middle name, Diane, not with one (1) "N" but with two, TWO (as in 1, 2) N's!!!!! As in DiaNNe.
How did I make 50 years and NOT know how to spell my sister's name? I must confess it felt very strange and oddly wrong that I did not know this. Then again, I think April thought my middle name, Lynn, was spelled Lynne (if it wasn't you April, I profusely apologize). So what other things do I think I know, but don't know about my siblings??? HMMM??? Anyone willing to reveal a dark secret?
love,
Cydney Lynn

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

14 comments:

Jennifer January 8, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

I am not sure but I always thought I got my middle name from you and I spell it Lynne? I guess I will have to ask mom.

Néna January 8, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

well my mom's favorite color is green.
and she says the word route funny..sounds like root

I dunno..you might have known that :}

April January 9, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

I myself did not know Becky spelled her name with 2 N's. I did know that you spelled your name Lynn and I just added the E to Jenni's name for the indiviuality thing. Though she is named after Syd.

Dad Risser January 9, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

The correct spelling for my name is Gorden Keeth, but I gave up trying to correct every one and spelled it the common way.

Aimee January 9, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

I think maybe my dad spells my name wrong sometimes. Not my middle name. First name. Easy to do when you're in a hurry though. Right???

Anonymous January 10, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

Well, Cyd, you can't feel too bad because, well... Mom forgot about the 2 N's. Yeah, I'm feelin' the love:) I didn't know Jenni spelled Lynne with an 'e', though.
Nena Grace - you can pronounce route 'root'. As in Root 66!!! Flashback To The 60's.
Gordon YOU LIE!!!
Aimee Amy Amee
Need I say more:o

Toni January 11, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

Thanks Becky for backing me up with'route'. What is really bad is I can't remember if I spelled Stephen R's name Randall or Randal, I think it is with two L's but I need to look it up.I didn't know Dianne had two N's in it either

Néna January 11, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

gosh mom even I know that Stephen randall is with two Ls.
lawl.
and you know I didn't explains mom "root" very well..
because it doesn't sound lik root it sounds like...

rut..
or something..
its cute though.

haha love ya mom!

Anonymous January 11, 2008 at 10:32 AM  

Gordon, you didn't say if you knew the correct spelling of my name. None of my sisters did. Jeff will have to weigh in when he returns.
Gordon Keith
Toni Lee
Rebecca Dianne
Sydney Lynn
April Christine
Jeffrey Allen
Hey!!! Is Allen 'e' or 'a'?????

Grandma January 11, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

Jeff's name is spelled with and "E"!!! Allen - it's after my mom's maiden name - and now - don't anybody ever forget it!

April January 12, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Becky, I got tired of spelling my whole middle name out so I shorten it to just Christ. I'm thinking big these days.

Sydney January 12, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

Oh my gosh, April... how hilarious and irreverent! I gave a big gutteral laugh at that one.

Anonymous January 12, 2008 at 2:50 PM  

April, I guess the 'Christ' middle name should probably balance out the shorten first name you always went by in those younger years, Ape! Hey! You could argue the case of teaching evolution and creationism in the schools.
Mom (still) often calls me 'Becky-Poo', to which Toni would quickly follow with 'Becky-Poop'. To which I would reply 'Toni Baloney'. Wow, what a comeback.

Carlie January 19, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

AAAAAAAAAAAhahhhhhhhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
YOU ALL NEED A REUNION!!!! I'm wiping the tears from my eyes. That was great.

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers