You Make Me Smile:)

So it's late Friday night (actually early Saturday morning) and I'm alone again:( John is at a Stake Father and Son's campout (we have a major storm going through - fun fun) and Chelsea and Emma went back to Utah. The house is very quiet. Just me, the dog and cat. They're happy:) I've been hoping that after bonding so much with Emma, grandpa John will be so miserable that he will maybe, hopefully, wishfully think about heading out west. I can dream can't I????? At any rate, Rheanna's wedding is quickly approaching and I will be flying out in a month. A few weeks ago Chelsea, Emma and I went down to see Paul & Anita and their new baby girl, Charlotte (she's adorable and Anita looks fantastic). Added bonus of seeing Toni & Stephen at the same time. Stephen made the comment about how much he loved his grandchildren and it made him wonder , "Did I love my kids enough?". John and I talked about it later and wondered the same thing about our children. Life comes rolling at you so fast and you're working so hard to earn a living, start a career, support a family and just survive the hectic pace of day to day living that the years go by so fast it makes your head spin. It's like John's mother, Maria, says, "I feel so young and then look in the mirror and say, 'who is that old lady?'" So on that note.....

I want all my family, siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins, in-laws, etc., (and especially you mom) to know how much I love you all and am soooooo grateful to have you in my life (how ever far the distance may be). So despite my lack of communication (call, write, etc.), I think of all of you far more often than you'll ever know... and smile:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

Sydney June 14, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

Hey Sistah! The feeling is mutual! And I'm with you... all you youngun's who'll read this- you really have NO IDEA how fast it goes!!!! And you have no idea how much pleasure you all give me, even if we don't talk. I love your blogs, I love watching you all move through life and like Becky said, it makes me smile. Love you Becky and all the rest of the extended families ("married in"s included :-)

Dad Risser June 14, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Man if they only knew! I look back and wonder where the time went and if I did everything I could or should have (I know I didn't. It's retorical)but I look at all my grandchildren and grand nieces, nephews and cousins and see all the ones who were little kids to me having their own little kids and I just want to remind them how fleeting everything is; But I fear I'm just the "old guy" talking. I hope not. I love you too Becky but we all have our own callings and places to be in this life.
and I wish we were all a little closer sometimes,

Aimee June 16, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

I consider myself a youngun but the time is flying by you just can't stop it

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers