
I just finished my swim clinic and on the last session they filmed us swimming underwater. My MAC 1:1 instructor made this picture from one of the frames of the video. He turned it and cropped it down. I thought it was an interesting effect. Oh, and the Bozo-like hair sticking out of the lovely swim cap is my homage to Larry Harmon (the original Bozo) who passed away this week.
Last Wednesday I took the Ocean 101 session through my club, L.A. Tri Club. It takes place at the same time the Club has an ocean swim speed circuit. We meet at 6:15 a.m. and it's going strong by 6:30. Over 100 people show up for the speed circuit. It's fantastic to see that many people out swimming on a weekday morning.
Anyhow, 101 session was a great introduction to ocean swimming. Really brought my anxiety down. We reviewed reading waves/sets, how you dive down under the wave (straight down- not forward) and grab sand to keep you under, then swam out past the break and practiced sighting while swimming. The fun part was practicing bodysurfing to ride the wave in and save energy. Enjoyed it so much and felt so much more comfortable that a friend and I went out yesterday and swam to the buoy and back several times.
2 comments:
That is a cool looking shot. Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday evening. I know you may be a little late. We'll probably start about 7 if that's OK.
Na, it's not interesting.
Ha, ha, ha... just kidding.
Post a Comment