What Sydney Did on Her Vacation to Telluride, CO.

Enjoyed the view from our room and laid around on the balcony.  Also had a near encounter with a bear on a trail run.

Bouldered... well, psuedo-Sydney did!
Took a 4wheel drive trip to Imogene Pass (over 13,000 feet) to see the abandoned mines of Telluride including Tomboy and Shamrock mines.




Mountain biked!  This was exciting for me.  The first part was a mostly downhill 17 mile ride.  At the end a trio told the guides they were going to ride back into town.  They let me follow them and we did an hour on a single track that was slightly more technical.  Had some scary moments for me but I had a big grin on my face despite almost doing an endo.

Ate, ate, ate than ate some more...
Attended a concert by the Australian band, The Waifs.
Hiked at Sunrise

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

8 comments:

Jennifer August 25, 2008 at 6:26 PM  

Love it, looks like a lot of fun.

Aimee August 25, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

looks like it was a blast. i still have that copy of the waifs you gave me years ago. how were they

Sydney August 26, 2008 at 6:32 AM  

They were good! Have gone even more Bluegrass. The girls have both had babies since and tour with them.

Unknown August 26, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Looks like you and pseudo-Sydney had fun! I can't believe how beautiful it is there. It just makes me think of how much I could really use a vacation right about now. :)

Dad Risser August 27, 2008 at 7:45 AM  

Wow! That would have been a blast. Wish I could make it there sometime. I also enjoy playing "Where's Sydney?"

Eddie August 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Wow its gorgeous there! Is that the same little stuffed animal you've had all these years? Or did you have to upgrade?

Sydney September 3, 2008 at 12:12 AM  

Yes, Eddie that is THE original Sydney and I give you credit for starting the "Where's Sydney" movement. And so you know, that was almost 10 years ago when it started. Actually, I know have 2 Sydney's after loosing one in a Bay to Breakers run. So now I have the original Sydney and the "stunt back up" Sydney.

gk risser September 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM  

Looks sweet! I miss Colorado, and I love The Waifs.

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers