... and oh, what a view!!!! We scored a penthouse room adjacent to Santa Maria Novella church in Florence. This is the view from inside the room. The window above the bed perfectly framed Il Duomo. We had a 70 meter terrace that wrapped around the outside. We finished both nights sitting out on the terrace enjoying our private views.
Florence is considered one of the worlds most beautiful cities and I can't argue with that! Eye candy every where you turn! In 1982 it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. I went for a morning run on both days. The first morning I ran to the Duomo and climbed the stairs to the top. The next day I ran east along the Arno river. My only regret is that I didn't take my camera. On the return trip there was a beautiful view of Florence with the Duomo reflecting off the water.. and not a crane or scaffold in sight! It's a memory that will just have to stay in my head.
Here's the view from the terrace at dawn. It's a little shakey because it was cold and a little windy so I couldn't hold the camera as steady as I'd have liked but you can see (what I think) is Venus in the upper left side of the picture. It was an image I couldn't ignore nor stay in a warm bed for!

The view from the west side of the terrace at dusk.

Here's the view from the east side of the terrace, the Santa Maria Novella church, during the day and again at night.
4 comments:
The best place Jenni and I stayed was in Florence as well. Cool thing is that our apartment we stayed in was just down the street. I think we even had gelatto at the Santa Maria Novella. Jenni? Voglio pia maschere soddisfaccio la zietta!
Next time - I'm going with her!
Your right I almost forgot about the place we stayed. It didn't have the view like yours did but it was still amazing & and we were lucky because the lady who rented it to us was just some random person who stopped us in the train station. I think we should all plan a family trip to Europe. It would feel like an invasion.
What a fantastic view!
Post a Comment