Facebook; bigger than a tweet, way less satisfying than a good Blog. The illusion of socializing. This is a little long for a FaceBook comment, but since all my kids, and most of my family and friends have started neglecting or given up on their blogs I put it on there anyway, but putting it here will presetrve it, at least for a while.
I had a Forest Gump moment yesterday, you know, where he’s running cross country and this great sound track is playing while he runs through all this beautiful scenery. It was raining too hard yesterday to ride the bike, so I went for a long run. Towards the end I was going up Whites Canyon Road across the river on the bridge.
It was late in the day, the rain had stopped, the clouds were breaking up and the sun was on the horizon; this great, brilliant red ball breaking over black cumulus clouds, themselves rimmed with fire and lightening.
The sky between the clouds immediately around the sun was a blazing orange, shifting to magenta, then deep blue. Low clouds were cutting across Cobblestone Mountain to the northwest, piling over the Sierra Pelonas to the north like a huge wave, and forming a great black backdrop behind Magic Mountain to the east.
The setting sun had the mountain all lit up, dark green and massive. I was listening to Enya’s “Book of Days” (Yeah, so what! I also have Shania on my iPod, right along with Warren Zevon and Tom Waits) and life was imitating art. Life really is good.
Facebook! Phhhhhhttt!!
Posted by
Dad Risser
at 2/28/2010
4 comments:
Agree!
1 - Wish I could have been running with ya - but that will never happen!
2 - I remember being harassed by my big brother for listening to 'bubble gum' music. Shania Twain??? Really???? Don't get me wrong, I love Shania's music, but what happened to my Led Zepplin Lovin' Bro!!!??? HAHAHAHAHAHA
yay Forest Gump.Lve ,Devon
I quit facebook for almost those same reasons but still neglect my blog
Post a Comment