Paul Clawson Lewis

We received the sad news today that Grandma's brother, Paul Lewis, passed away. He had suffered a stroke a few weeks ago but seemed to be slowly recovering. 2 weeks ago I was able to join Grandma and visit Paul in the hospital. This morning he was tired during his therapy and asked to lie down. They put him back in bed, he took a deep breath and passed away. His wife, Lucille was with him.
This is Mom with Paul in Utah when he returned home after the war.

And this is a picture of Paul in England during the war.

For you grandchildren who never got to meet him, I'm sure your parents will tell you what a fun, talented and interesting man he was. Grandma always said it was Paul who raised her. It was Paul who went skydiving with Grandma, when he was 82 years old (his third jump) and Grandma was 80 (her first). You kids have some pretty amazing genes to live up to!!!!
We love you and will miss you Uncle Paul. Send Grandma a big hug.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

Toni February 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM  

Thanks Sydney for getting these wonderful pictures up so soon. Uncle Paul was a fun man who took good care of our mother. Thanks Uncle Paul. We love you and your family even though years go by that we don't see each other, there are lots of wonderful memories.

Anonymous February 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

Thanks here too, Syd. We didn't visit Uncle Paul as much as we coulda / shoulda, but he was a wonderful, fun and adventerous man. I miss him already, but I've no doubt what happy reunions he is having right now.

Dad Risser February 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

Thanks, Syd. Great pictures. I understand that the funeral will be Saturday at 10 AM in Lancaster.

Dad Risser February 3, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

Thanks, Syd. Great pictures. I understand that the funeral will be Saturday at 10 AM in Lancaster.

Aimee February 5, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

Oh my goodness I LOVE that last picture of him on the bike.

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers