It has recently come to my attention that our mother, grandmother, great-grandmother (i.e. one VaNile Risser) has broken a promise. A promise to her children, her home teacher and her Bishop. Now she would be the first to tell you how important it is to keep a promise and, generally, I don't believe that keeping a promise would be a problem for her (hmmm), but as we all know she also doesn't believe that all rules apply to her either. This is probably due to the fact that she was pretty much raised by her brother and, therefore, was determined to be 'one of the guys'. And as we all know - this is the kind of behavior that caused her to jump out of a plane from (how many) thousands of feet in the air at the youthful age of 80! Climb around [ALONE] in her attic and suffer heat exhaustion / heat stroke!! Drive across our beautiful country [ ALONE]!!! AND climb up on her roof to fix / work / clean her swamp cooler!!!! She has now gotten herself a fancy little ladder called (I believe) the 'Little Giant' (hmmm that name reminds me of someone...). So now 'Mighty Mouse' has a new toy. It seems to me that when we 'children' abused or misused one of OUR toys it was taken away! Seems to me that this rule should also apply in the reverse! She will not be pleased with me for this blog, but it is only because we love her sooooo much and do NOT wish to encourage her 'moving on' any time soon. I don't care what she says about #86 either. So I would like to encourage ALL of her descendants (and there's a lot of us) to give her a quick little call and let her know that we whole heartedly disapprove of this kind of behavior. That we love her and would like her to stick around and stop tempting fate. She will never be one to sit and rock away her golden years (and we wouldn't want her to) but a promise is a promise. She had told me she wouldn't do it any more because it frightened too many people. Guess what mom - IT STILL DOES!!! So mom, please keep your promise and at least stay off the roof.
2 comments:
AMEN AND HALLELUJIA BROTHA'!!!!! I mean SISTA'
Hey, you called her on it too Becky???? I scolded her while I was driving out to Jeff's. She ignored me totally. Now all we need is for her to actually LOOK at the blog.
Post a Comment