Words of Wisdom

I just finished reading "The Council of Dads" by Bruce Feiler that Eddie gave me. There's a great statement he makes that I want pass on to all my family and friends.

"The second half of that wish - "May your last word be Love" - is up to you. And if I've learned anything from my illness, it's that we never know when our last word may come. So I beg of you: Be awash in love every day. That love may come from a friend, a relative, a lover, a child. It may come from all these, or just one. But if I could leave you with one last bequest: May it always come from each other."

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Sydney July 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

Ah Gordon, how true. It's hard to remember that when you've had a bad day, but one really doesn't know when what we say will be the last word we speak or speak to that person.

Eddie July 27, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

I knew you would like that one. I'm glad I wrote down the title when I heard an interview with the author.

Anonymous August 5, 2010 at 8:58 PM  

that is really word of wisdom Aunt syd:).Devon <3

Toni August 6, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

This hits home today. I'm putting together my talk to give at a friends funeral tomorrow, he was 86 but died when he fell and hit his head. That was last Sat. since then have received two more calls of friends who have died suddenly. We really don't know when our words will be our last. I'll have to look for the book.

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers