Sit Down Folks- It's a New Entry!

If it wasn't for Becky, nothing would be done and this blog would be officially removed from Aimee's list. So this will be a little tidbit. I'm going to alter this blog to a family bulletin board. I'm going to try to update details for the month from each family, so let me start with what I do have. Feel free to edit.

Grandma: my spies tell me she took a little spill from a ladder. Sore shoulder for several days but now reports back to her feisty independent self. However, it seems to be theme with the Risser Clan this month. Read on.
Gordon's Clan- Kayla's wedding coming up next month. I heard through the grapevine that little Van had another little accident. I heard it was a fractured tibia but I'm not positive and have no details. Gordon, details please and add any other bits of info.
Toni- I'm sure most of you have heard that Nebs Fairbanks (Stephen's dad) passed away on 2/14. The funeral was yesterday in Santa Clarita. It was a lovely ceremony and full of many familiar faces from LONG ago.
Nathan and Suzanne stayed at mom's while up for the service. The old building blocks were well utilized by the kids. Here's a clip of Paul and Hannah working on one of several projects.

Stephen Randall and Kristin welcomed their newest little bundle- Josie Kate. I tried pinching a picture off Kristin's facebook page but the pixels are too low I believe. Pictures were fuzzy so I'll have to wait for a decent one from them.
Amanda's father-in-law passed away unexpectedly in an accident. Our love and condolences. I didn't know Alain, but by all accounts he was a very special and highly regarded man.
Becky- Another grandbaby for Becky: McKay Douglas Baumann born to Rheanna and Doug. Doug has also been accepted into several graduate programs but hasn't yet decided which one to grace with his presence and keen intellect. Way to go Doug! Anything else new Beck?
Sydney- Nothing exciting but wait for next month. LA Marathon here I come!
April- Little Avelon had her surgery Monday. Went well until her lung collapsed. Then as she was stabilizing, she pulled out her feeding tube and was rushed back to surgery. Anything to keep her parents on their toes! April is staying with Aaron allowing Daniel and Jenni time to spend with Avalon at the hospital. Aimee is helping Don keep the homefront with Jett and Enola. Keeping with the Risser Accident Prone Manner for the Month (read on to Jeff's entry), April misstepped on the bottom step of her stairwell and sprained her ankle and spent some time in ER. We all know how much fun that is.
Jeff- I think most of you may know that Jeff took his kids skiing last month and in a classic fashion on the last run of the day, fell and injured his knee (it really is an established trend in the medical sense of course ). He's been tentatively diagnosed as likely ligament/meniscus tear and just waiting to see a specialist. sidenote: you gotta love Kaiser, his insurance company. Originally they wanted him to wait over 50 days just to see the specialist for a concrete diagnosis and advice on how to manage it. Pathetic! Our squeaky wheel got a little grease and the date was moved up a little. Keep squeaking Jeff.
Once again, please add and correct at will. I'm going to try to do this every month. If any of you have news that you would like to share, please contact me (or if there's news you'd rather not share, do the same).
Love to all!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Aimee February 23, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

got far with that didn't you? :)

Sydney February 23, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

You came too soon Aimee. I accidently posted the title only. Apparently you visited while I was editing (read: writing the thing). You are always so fast and efficient girl!

Aimee February 23, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

Well thank you very much for all the info. I knew "some" but feel more well informed now. stupid facebook, can't we call anyone anymore. blah!

Eddie March 4, 2011 at 6:45 AM  

Thanks for the info! I didnt know half that stuff. Feb was not a good month for the Rissers.
Carline

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers