More fire news

This is Gordon, not Sydney. I had to use her info to get in to post. I took these pictures and video on Sunday when the fire first started to come into Canyon Country, but wasn't able to get them on the blog till now. I wanted to get some shots of the homes that burned on Camp Plenty road, but as Kyle and I drove up the street it was so sad and every one looked so depressed that it seemed goulish to try. I'll get some later when emotions have died down. We had heard that some of our friends had lost their homes so we went into the old tract to see what we could do to help, but happily the rumors weren't true. We did see that the flames had come right down into the backyards of our old home and the Sotos old home on Enderly. Monday night someone torched a parked car at the top of Via Princessa, just a half mile from the house, and someone started a fire at the mobile home park at Soledad and Sand Canyon (two home were destroyed and as I write this the news is verifying that it was in fact arson) so Chuck Byers, one of the men in our ward set up an arson watch. Kyle and I volunteered to go into the field in front of our home, between the houses and Soledad Canyon Road to watch for anyone coming into the field. We were there till about 3 AM. No one came in, but we saw a sudden flair-up on the hill above Canyon High between Whites Cyn and Nadel and called it into the Sheriff. They got it out in about 45 minutes but I was surprised there was anything left to burn. One upside was that Kyle and I got to spend a lot of time together talking and we saw some fantastic meteor displays including one that went down over Bear Divide that left a hugh glowing green tail in the sky for about 10-15 seconds. As of right now the fires in our area are almost out, but Lake Arrowhead, Orange County and San Diego are really suffering, far worse than we did.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Photostream

Recent Comments

Followers