Last Sunday I went with a friend to walk the Venice Canals to look at the Christmas lights. A few of you have gone with me to the canals to specifically see this one house. It's straight out of Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation movie. It's one of the largest houses on the canals and there isn't an inch (not an inch!!!) that isn't covered by a light or decoration including the bridge that crosses over to their side of the canal. I often wonder: 1) What their electrical bill is for just one night?; and 2) What do the neighbors think? The pictures don't really relay the experience of walking around the corner of the canal and suddenly being hit with all this luminescence! It's shocking, tacky and ridiculously fun at the same time. And believe it or not it slightly changes from year to year. This year some of the new additions were dancing snowmen and moving electrical peacocks.
By the way, I have my wonderful siblings and their spouses to thank for my beautiful new camera (you know who you are!). I'm still learning how to use it but these are some of the first pictures I took. I didn't get any on Christmas day because the battery had to charge. Thank you, thank you, thank you and I love you all.
Christmas- Venice Style
Posted by
Sydney
2 comments:
I have to see this next year.
It's up until January 30th so there's still time!
Post a Comment