Yes campers, it's that time of year again... the 4th of July (but never ON the 4th of July) Fireworks Show in Santa Monica. The date is rapidly coming and is Saturday, June 28th. Santa Monica always has there fireworks on the Saturday BEFORE the 4th of July and they're shot off from the school across the street from my apartment. Doesn't get more convenient than that! The above is a picture of Sade and Jeremy at last years show. The top picture kept downloading sideways and I gave up trying to correct it. Turn you head :-)
I know some of Toni's clan had expressed interest but I think the trip for Stephen Randall's wedding might have superseded this one.
Regardless, I would LOVE to have whoever can make it join us. An earlier beach trip is the norm and we can shuttle people so we don't have to deal with too many parking issues. We picnic around 5:00 p.m. then stroll and play games. Fireworks are at sunset (~8:30). Afterwards it's flagcake at my apartment, kids are changed into p.j.'s for the drive home and by the time you're out the door for home all the traffic is gone and it's smooth sailing home. Have I convinced you? I hope so.
Below is a video I took in Santa Monica (provided I set it up correctly... I ain't no Eddie!). This man sets up his kites every Sunday. This was from a few weeks ago. This past Sunday he had even more up. It was so fun... like watching an underwater adventure in the sky.
6 comments:
I've VERY convinced (not that it does me any good)! So everyone will just have to ooo and ahhhh for me! HAPPY 4TH!!
Sounds like fun to me. to bad the cool couple (that's me and chris) will not be present for the festivities
If wish we still lived in the same state because I would come.
and I would want you both there!
We'll be there. It's been on our calendar since last year. :) -Jeremy
I wish...
Post a Comment